Emilio Gutierrez Beltran
Associate Professor (Profesor Contratado Doctor)
Emilio Gutierrez-Beltran obtained a PhD at the University of Sevilla (Spain) in Olga del Pozo lab. His work focused on the characterization of a novel signaling module in plant immunity (2006-2011). He did a postdoc in the lab of Prof. Peter Bozhkov at Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences in Uppsala (Sweden), where he initiated a viable and important line of research on cell and molecular biology of stress-induced ribonucleoprotein complexes, called stress granules (SGs; 2011-2017). In 2017, he started a new period of his research career, supported first by the highly competitive Marie Curie IEF (MC-IEF) fellowship and later by Juan de la Cierva-Incorporación grant at the group of Jose Luis Crespo (CSIC, Seville). In 2021, Emilio started a new project as principal investigator supported by the Spanish Government. The project is focussed on unravelling the molecular link between formation of stress granules and the plant stress response .
Former students working on the project:
- Jessica Urbano, undergraduate student. Project title: «Estudio de la interacción entre quinasas pertenecientes a la familia Kin y TSN2 en los gránulos de estrés bajo choque térmico«. University of Seville, Spain.
- Carlos Hernandez, Master student. Project title: «Unraveling the role of plant stress granules through kinase 2 signaling pathway«. University of Seville, Spain.
- Dolores Requena, Master student. Project title: «Study of stress granules formation in the green alga Chlamydomonas reinhardtii«. University of Seville, Spain.
- Blanca Baños, undergraduate student. Project title: «Estudio de la interaccion entre TSN2 y kinase 2 durante la formacin de los granulos de estres». University of Seville, Spain.
- Pernilla Elander, undergraduate student. Project title: «Cloning and transformation into Agrobacterium cells of TSN interacting proteins«. Department of Plant Biology, SLU, Uppsala, Sweden
Avda. Américo Vespucio, 49
Sevilla 41092 SPAIN